Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cheap Chic Canvas

If you are just half as obsessed as I am with displaying photos of your family then you'll find this information useful. There's a lil' company called Canvas People that is great for creating small canvas art out of snapshots. 
They offer a "free 8x10" (which you pay $15 total for due to shipping) on a monthly basis plus discounts on other larger canvas sizes. I get one per month it seems and our home is littered (but you know, in a good way) with mini canvases. 
It's nice because I won't feel guilty when I want to change them out for next year's shots and they also make wonderful gifts for extended family. 


Another inexpensive photo display idea is shown to the left - sorry, the photo is dark & grainy b/c of the overcast filtered light. I had two large white frames from Kingston's nursery that I was no longer using. I lightly sanded (or "distressed" them) then sealed them with a coat of poly. I cut scrap fabric and wrapped it around the existing cardboard backing. Then I glued a photo (that I printed myself in b&w) of some side profile shots I took with my iPhone. To finish, I glued gardening twine around the edge of the photo then framed and hung them in our mudroom. Quick, easy and cost effective! 

No comments:

Post a Comment